WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
GLOSAS, my third CD as More Hispano’s director, was released in 2011: it’s a very personal project which brings together original and unpublished material: my own, new embellishments on Renaissance music — Want to know more? Read more about the project here; the full CD booklet essay is also available here.
SHEET MUSIC: FREE PDF DOWNLOADS
And now I’d like to share my own embellishments, so : Go download! ↓
Total downloads (& facebook/tweets) so far: 55
Alternatively (or just in case you don’t have a twitter or Facebook account), you can also just click on each individual piece below to download them:
- H. van Ghizeghem: De tous biens playne* (track 1) — Download (512 downloads)
- Marchetto Cara: Chi me dara piu pace** (track 2) — Download (330 downloads)
- B. Tromboncino: Per dolor me bagno il viso** (track 3) — Download (343 downloads)
- Josquin des Prez: Mille regretz*** (track 5) — Download (420 downloads)
- Philippe Verdelot: Igno soave** (track 6) — Download (358 downloads)
- Philippe Verdelot: Madonna per voi ardo** (track 7) — Download (314 downloads)
- Cipriano de Rore: Anchor che col partire*** (track 8) — Download (401 downloads)
- Anon. (pub. 1576): Une jeune fillette*** (track 9) — Download (476 downloads)
- P. Regnault dit Sandrin: Doulce Memoire** (track 10) — Download (313 downloads)
- V. Parrilla: Counterpoint on Ave Maris Stella (track 11) — Download (339 downloads)
- D. Ortiz & V. Parrilla: Counterpoint on La Spagna (track 12) — Download (422 downloads)
☞ You are free to play them yourself; to share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work; to remix — to adapt the work; and to make commercial use of the work. See all the details here.
SPREAD THE WORD
If you enjoyed my embellishments, and feel like doing so, you can help me spreading my music scores by doing one (or more) of the following:
*Improvised embellishments (glosas) by Vicente Parrilla: track 1
**Embellishments by Vicente Parrilla after Ganassi (1535): tracks 2, 3, 6, 7, 10
***Embellishments by Vicente Parrilla: tracks 5, 8, 9
Missing tracks: You’ll probably have noticed that sheet music links for tracks 4, 13 & 14 are missing, but there’s always a reason for that:
- Track 4 is original 16th c. music by Narváez that you can find elsewhere: it works as an introduction to track 5 on the CD.
- Track 13 is original 16th c. music too.
- And finally track 14 is a free improvisation on the passacaglia bass, so no sheet music exists for this track.