Download My Embellishments: The GLOSAS CD Sheet Music, Now Available as a Free Download
Free Music Scores: GLOSAS — The Complete Sheet Music
GLOSAS, my third CD as More Hispano’s musical director, was released in 2011: it’s a very personal project which brings together original and unpublished material: my own, new embellishments on Renaissance music — want to know more? Read more about the project here; the full CD booklet essay is also available here.
And now I’d like to share my own embellishments, so I’m publishing here the complete CD’s sheet music as a free PDF download: Go ↓ (1MB PDF file):
☆ The Complete GLOSAS CD’s Sheet Music ( 3731 downloads)
Spread the Word
If you enjoyed my embellishments, and feel like doing so, you can help me spread my music scores by doing one (or more) of the following:
- Pay what you want:
- Buy the CD
Now that you have the scores, you might like to have the CD too:
All sheet music from the CD GLOSAS (2011) by Vicente Parrilla is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
☞ You are free to play them yourself; to share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work; to remix — to adapt the work, and to make commercial use of the work. See all details here.
The above PDF contains the sheet music of:
- H. van Ghizeghem: De tous biens playne ⁕ (track 1)
- Marchetto Cara: Chi me dara piu pace ❡ (track 2)
- B. Tromboncino: Per dolor me bagno il viso ❡ (track 3)
- Josquin des Prez: Mille regretz § (track 5)
- Philippe Verdelot: Igno soave ❡ (track 6)
- Philippe Verdelot: Madonna per voi ardo ❡ (track 7)
- Cipriano de Rore: Anchor che col partire § (track 8)
- Anon. (pub. 1576): Une jeune fillette § (track 9)
- P. Regnault dit Sandrin: Doulce Memoire ❡ (track 10)
- V. Parrilla: Counterpoint on Ave Maris Stella ‽ (track 11)
- D. Ortiz & V. Parrilla: Counterpoint on La Spagna ‽ (track 12)
⁕ Improvised embellishments (glosas) by Vicente Parrilla: track 1
❡ Embellishments by Vicente Parrilla after Ganassi (1535): tracks 2, 3, 6, 7, 10
§ Embellishments by Vicente Parrilla: tracks 5, 8, 9
‽ New Counterpoint lines by Vicente Parrilla: tracks 11 & 12
Missing tracks: You’ll probably have noticed that sheet music links for tracks 4, 13 & 14 are missing, but there’s always a reason for that:
- Track 4 is original 16th c. music by Narváez that you can find elsewhere: it works as an introduction to track 5 on the CD.
- Track 13 is original 16th c. music too.
- And finally, track 14 is a free improvisation on the passacaglia bass, so no sheet music exists for this track.
The GLOSAS CD sheet music, animated: